Monday, May 9, 2011

Ireland's Sweetheart Saoirse Ronan

I love the film Atonement, I seen it first in 2007 when the film was released worldwide. The film which featured Keira Knightley,James McAvoy and Saoirse(pronounced ser-sha) Ronan opened with rave reviews. Many of these reviews talked about the girl from Carlow who gave a breathtaking performance as Briony Tallis in the blockbuster film. I personally wasn't surprised with all her award nominations as her performance was truly astounding.



Fast forward 4 years and the girl from Carlow is now a household name nabbing roles in international blockbusters starring alongside big Hollywood names such as Colin Farrel, Jim Sturgess and Rachel Weisz just name a few. Her star is on the rise and she has been cast as the lead in the film adaption of Stephenie Meyer's The Host.

Fashion Magazine Marie Claire has also named Saoirse as one of their Teen Queens in a article in their latest issue of the magazine which I think she deserves. The fashion world has took a shine to her with her natural looks and her fetching style. I particularly loved the ensemble she wore to the Met Gala in New York this year. The creation by Rodarte was a red embroidered sequin skirt accompanied with a red crepe collared jacket. I particularly liked this interesting choice gown as it was different to other gowns on the night.

It seems the down to earth teenager seems to have the world at her feet at the moment and has made her mark on Hollywood.

Do you like her dress choices and style??


Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3