Monday, May 28, 2012

Urban Decay's Build Your Own Palette

Urban Decay are forever releasing new palettes that I instantly fall in love with it. The latest is their first ever build your own palette. All their current eyeshadows have been reformulated and repackaged to fit in with this new release. When I first heard about this palette I added it to my wishlist. Luckily my lovely boyfriend bought it for me on a recent shopping trip. Of course I couldn't wait to go home and play around with it. The palette itself comes with an exclusive eyeshadow, Walk of Shame and a travel sized Good Karma eyeshadow brush. I love Walk of Shame, I've been using it all over the lid lately with No7's Truffle in the crease. Both make a gorgeous everyday eye look which is easy peasy.

From the outside, the packaging is similar to Naked 2 in the sense that it's metallic but that's where the similarities end. I love the fun design on the the palette, I definitely wouldn't be embarrassed to pull this out of my bag. It's alot wider that the Naked palette as it has room for six full sized eyeshadows. Alot of brands have come out with their own spins on custom palettes but Urban Decay's offering is one of my favourites. The new packaging means you have a place to put eyeshadows when you want to switch them around. The palettes I own already don't give me the option to do that. I don't know about you but for me, leaving an eyeshadow pan on my dresser means a) it's going get broken or b) it's going to go walk abouts. Not that it was easy for me to take the pan out of the new packaging. I'm not going to lie it took me a while to work out how to do it right. I decided to buy another eyeshadow to go in the palette as I felt Walk of Shame was a bit lonely by itself. I went for Bordello which is a mauvey pink shade. I don't know about this one it looks really nice swatched but I haven't been giving it enough love lately.

Price wise, this palette is a lot more expensive than other Urban Decay palettes. It cost €17.00 for the palette, the brush and the exclusive eyeshadow. Each eyeshadow after that is €17.50, if you were to fill up a palette it would set you back €104.50. Shocking, I know seeing as their famous Naked Palettes retail for around the €40 mark. I couldn't see anyone (myself included) fill up this palette in one go. I would rather purchase an eyeshadow or two each month to pop in. For convenience only, I'd almost prefer to bring this palette on holidays with me as I can select what eyeshadows I want and it's just the perfect size. It also has a huge mirror which isn't a deal breaker for me but it's always handy to have.

Will you be forking out on this palette or sticking to the Naked Palette?

Laura<3

14 comments:

  1. Good idea but a little pricey for my liking :( xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that too, it's a shame as the palette itself is so nice xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this palette :) Shame it's quite expensive though :(

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so expensive, if it was around the €60 I wouldn't mind but anymore is a bit excessive xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the look of this but so pricey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blogged about this too. Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so handy for travelling sometimes I find the Naked palette is a bit big xxx

      Delete
  5. Love this! But it's a bit too pricey for me too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is the only thing that let's it down really xxx

      Delete
  6. I've been dieing to get this! Hmm...on our shopping trip!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice isn't it?? Ooh when do you want to go on our shopping trip?? EXCITED!! xx

      Delete
  7. Forking out!!!! You get to pick the colours so you would wear every shade, you can get colours that were only issued in retired palettes!!! They are so much bigger than the shadows in the premade ones and just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I may have to pick up some more shadows soon. Any suggestions?? I'm the same I find that in some premade palettes there are certain shadows I'd never use, you know?? xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3