Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Shopaholic's Journey #12 - Last Haul Before Manchester!

As you can tell from the title, this is going to be my last haul post for a while. I'm heading to Manchester towards the end of July for nine days which means I have to start saving now. I've been twice already and I love this city. There's actually quite alot to do and I love the Trafford Centre, that place is amazing. From now until I go I'll be focusing more on doing reviews. As always if you see anything in this post or previous ones that you'd like to see reviews on let me know. I didn't buy all these products all at once so this is more of a collective haul. I feel like I've been treating myself more to new products lately as I'm doing so well at Slimming World. I've had another amazing month, so be sure to keep an eye on for my update next week.

There was a Summer event on in Harvey Nichols were they offered 15% off all beauty products. It was for one night only so of course I did take advantage. I've seen alot of great reviews on Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder, I caved and bought it along with one of their lip glosses in Orange Tulip. I'm sure both products will last me ages so I'm happy with the purchases. I've yet to try Bioderma but I have been using alot of micellar solutions lately. I picked up This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 water, I've used it a bit so far and I really like it. I do use up micellar solutions awfully quick though so at €26 I don't know if it's something I'd repurchase. I'll have to wait and see. My skin has been acting up lately so after chatting to the Bliss sales assistant, she recommend the Clog Dissolving Cleansing Milk. This is the most popular product in their spa facials so I'm hoping this can sort out my problem skin. As I made a purchase from Bliss, I received there gift with purchase which was their Lemon + Sage Soapy Suds Body Wash. I already have the body butter in the same scent and it smells amazing. Last but not I got a sample of the Dior Forever Foundation. I like this, but I don't like the price tag it's on the expensive side. I'm still on the lookout for a new foundation so if you have any recommendations let me know. I may go back to my favourite Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but I want to try something different.

These are just a few random purchases from different stores. I found it so hard to find the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, it was literally nowhere to been seen in my local Boots. I finally got my hands on it and yes it's brilliant, so much so that I included it in my May Favourites. I got two haircare products from Boots. I'm loving Tresemme's Liquid Gold Perfecting Treatment but I'm not 100% keen on Umberto Giannini's Scrunch Up The Volume Messy Texture Cream. It has a sticky consistency and leaves my hair looking a mess to be honest. At least it was on offer so I didn't spend too much on it. I picked up another No7  Eyeshadow Blend and Contour brush with my €7.50 off voucher. I rate this higher than my MAC 217 brush, it's brilliant. I was on the look out for a new handcream, The Body Shop's Hand and Nail Cream ticked all the boxes, it's the perfect size for my handbag, smells amazing and leaves my hands lovely and soft. I'm getting really into tanning lately, I have no idea seeing as the weather is so miserable out. The Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil is a product from The Body Shop that I've wanted to try for a while. It has a gorgeous scent and I can see myself use this alot over the Summer. I popped back into Moss Cottage which I've talked about alot on my blog. I picked up another Lily Flame candle this time around I got Coconut Grove. From the name you've probably guessed what it smells like. I love this candle it has such a nice summery scent. This candle smells exactly like a macaroon bar, and for me that's the best scent ever.

Have you tried any of these products? What would you like to see a review on?

Laura<3

14 comments:

  1. I think I might have to check out the No 7 brush, if you prefer it to the 217 and it's a fraction of the price it's got to be a winner!
    Love you're blog, I will be following! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. I'm glad you like it. Oh I adore this brush you should definitely try it, I have the 217 but I don't think it's worth the price xxx

      Delete
  2. I caved and got the Laura Mercier lip gloss as well, it's so pretty! I tried the Dior foundation in a sample first as well and I have to say I love it. I certainly don't have the clearest skin and it makes me look flawless without having to use a lot of product! Definitely worth the price tag in my opinion. And I'm delighted Slimming World is going well for you, looking forward to your update:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use it more, it's such a lovely shade. I'm half tempted to treat myself to that foundation in the airport on the way to Manchester. It gives such a lovely finish:) Thanks hun, I'm so surprised at how well it's going:D xxx

      Delete
  3. Bet that almond hand cream smells divine!
    Looks like you had a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh next time your in Boots you should try it, it's so nice xxx

      Delete
  4. Great products! I've always wanted to try the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder!
    You have such a lovely blog!

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha I'm glad you like it:) Yeah so far I'm loving the Mineral Powder, I've been using it alot over BB creams xx

      Delete
  5. You got some amazing products, I really want to try some Laura Mercier products and the lip gloss looks lovely :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlee:) I know I've tried their lipglosses before but I thought it was time to treat myself to these two xxx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try the this works water! I'm just waiting for it to be on sale! ;)
    & I simply adore bliss! I've not smelt their lemon and sage scent but I am in love with the orange and pepper one! I bought the bubbles and butter combo and smell like oranges all the time now!! :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the This Works Cleansing Water but it is pricey (€26). I find myself using quite alot of it too, so I dunno cost wise is it worth the money. Oh you have to smell lemon and sage it's amazing:):) I love the orange and pepper body butter, my boyfriend bought it for me and it smells gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  7. I have the Honey Bronze Dy Shimmering Oil and LOVE IT!!! It smells devine and I just love how it looks on my skin!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same it smells amazing. I love how it looks over my tan xxx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3