Monday, July 2, 2012

June Empties

Another month has just flown by ridiculously fast. If you think about it half the year is gone already which I find hard to believe. Seeing as it is July I thought I'd start off with my June Empties post, I'll follow on with my favourites during the week. I didn't finish too much this month but it's enough to justify doing a empties post I think. Like last month I'm going to seperate the products into categories again as I feel it reads and looks better.

Firstly I'm going to start with shower products I've used up. Two of the products come from The Body Shop and Lush, my favourite shops for shower products, everything smells so yummy. I've had this pot of Lush's Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie since Christmas, I've been trying to make it last as it got discontinued. I really don't know why it was as I do believe it was pretty popular. They replaced it with Ro's Argan Body Conditioner which honestly doesn't compare at all and smells horrible in my opinion. Creamed Almond & Coconut Smoothie had a amazing gorgeous scent and left my skin feeling so soft. I don't think there's anything like it in Lush at the moment which is disappointing. Another product I finished during June and loved is The Body Shop's Chocomania Body Scrub. If your not eating chocolate like me for whatever reason you should definitely give this a sniff. It's an amazing scrub too and this size product lasted me a two months or so. For me the only downside is the price, it's the price €18.95 which is rather pricey for a scrub. I know Hollister's Laguna Beach Body Mist isn't necessarily a shower product but I thought I'd squeeze it in here. I tend to use this straight after I have a shower so it makes sense to be included. I've this bottle forever probably a year now and I love this scent. It stays on the skin much longger then some body sprays I've tried. I didn't particularly like the body lotion in the same scent so I gave that to a friend. The next time I'm in Hollister I'm going to pick up another spray maybe in a different scent, I think there's two others to choose from.

Another Lush product I finished last month is the Brazened Honey face mask. I really like how this product leaves my skin looking fresh and bright. The way this mask looked kind of put me off to start with. If you've used this before you'll know what I mean but if you haven't I'll just warn you and let you know it's not the most attractive colour. After trying this I really want to try some more Lush masks. Let me know your favourites. I've been ditching the wipes lately in favour  of cleansing waters.  I feel like my skin has definitely improved since I stopped using them. This month I finished up No7's Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water for Normal/ Oily skin. I love this stuff and I've already done a post here. The only problem I had with this product is that the bottle isn't big enough. I tend to fly through cleansing waters for some reason and run out in no time. I had a few No7 vouchers floating around and I repurchased this yesterday, I can see this being a welcome addition to my skincare routine. The last skincare product I finished during June is Origins GinZing Eyecream. I've only started using eyecreams lately, I just never thought I needed them before now. After a closer inspection in the mirror  I realised I did and I bought this. Origins GinZing Eyecream doesn't do much for fine lines but it definitely brightens up the under eye area. This is actually a good little product when I remember to use. Again the only thing stopping me repurchasing this anytime soon is the price. I think there's so many alternative products out there at the moment.


I only finished two makeup products this month, the first of which is MAC's Lingering Eyebrow pencil.  The shade, Lingering is the perfect shade for my brows and it fills them in nicely. This reminds me of the electronical windup pencils you use to get in school and it snaps the exact same too which really annoyed me. I think I finished it up so soon because it just kept breaking. I want to repurchase this eyebrow pencil again so I'm hoping this one was just a part of a bad batch. I think for the price it shouldn't be breaking all the time. Did anyone have the same problem with it? Another makeup product I ran out off is my favourite eyeliner, Loreal's Super Liner Carbon Gloss. I saw such a amazing review on this product and I wanted to try it for ages. A couple of months ago I finally bought it and I love this eyeliner. It quickly became a part of my everyday makeup routine. It has such a nice applicator which applies the liner beautiful. I was so disappointed when I ran out this so I'll be definitely popping into Boots the next time I'm out shopping.

 Do you do monthly empties post? Have you tried any of the products I've finished this month?

Laura<3

11 comments:

  1. Aww pity the almond and coconut smoothie is discontinued, sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was AMAZING!!! I wish they still did it xxx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I don't ever want my Origins GinZing to run out! :) I want to try that No.7 Cleansing Water - I have a spare £5 off voucher... I might be tempted!

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go. I'm going to pick up another for my holiday xx

      Delete
  3. Great empties, I had actually seen the mist in Hollister last time I was in and was really tempted to buy it but wasn't sure what the product would be like - however next time I'm in there I might as I think they were on offer :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlee:D Oh they all smell amazing so hard to choose just one. Yeah I think there always on offer and it's better to buy two rather then one cause you save a gd bit xxx

      Delete
  4. I have a monthly empties post up! This are one of my fave posts to look at. You had a good bunch:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There my favourite too. Oh I'll have to go and have a look at yours xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely empties, I had the same lush empties :)

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. Oh really?? I love Creamed Almond and Coconut Smoothie, probably the nicest shower product around!! Wish they didn't discontinue it xxx

      Delete
  6. Lubię świeże maki lush, szczególnie cupcake:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3