Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Empties

I don't have too many empties to show you guys this month, so I thought I'd put it up a little earlier. Some products are repurchases that I really like. I have alot of products that I'm nearly finished with so expect a pretty big post at the end of October. I can't believe how quick the year has gone, I'm starting college in two weeks so I'm hoping to still be able to post regularly. I can see myself being really busy with work and college but I'm excited to start my course, I'll definitely let you guys know how its going throughout.

I have alot of skincare empties this month so I'll show you them first. The Caudalie Cleansing Water was in my empties in August. I go through this stuff at a ridiculous rate but I like how it removes my face makeup aswell as eye makeup really well. It's for sensitive eyes so I haven't had any irritation whilst using this which is a plus as I find some micellar solutions can't be used on the eyes. It is a bit on the expensive side at around €17 but I think it's definitely worth the money. I'm going to pick another up next week on payday as I also used up my miniature one I got in their travel set. I found their travel set really good and for €15 I would certainly recommend to anyone who wants to try the brand as you get a shampoo, body lotion, face serum and shower gel in it too. They are all decent sizes too so you get a good idea of what the brand is like. My Mom is coming back from Spain tomorrow and she picked me up Bioderma. After reading so many brilliant reviews on this I'm really looking forward to trying it, maybe I'll be converted to using it instead, we'll have to wait and see. Next up I have two moisturisers, Vichy's Normaderm Total Mat* and the Elemis Fresh Skin Softly Softly Daily Moisturiser. I got the latter as a part of a set in Superdrug while I was in Manchester in July. It's a pretty small mini so I can't really determine how good this actually is. From what I've felt after using this, it does the job quite well. Like Normaderm Total Mat it's quite light but very moisturising. I know the Fresh Skin range is not readily available here but you can get it online. After having a bit of trouble with ordering stuff from the web lately I can't see myself repurchasing this and the full sized product seems pretty expensive (€28) On the other hand Normaderm Total Mat, is more on the affordable side of things (€16).  It's light gel formula which I found great with my oily skin. I did find it kept my shine at bay and it works really well under my makeup as it gives a nice matte finish. It has a beautiful scent that I love, but if you don't like scented skincare maybe I'd stay clear of it. This is another product I'll be repurchasing come payday.

I have two makeup empties this month and they both come from MAC. This is the second Lingering Eye Brow Pencil I've gone through, it remind me of those rotating pencils you use to get in school. I bought this while I was in Manchester and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. I really like the way it looks on my eyebrows and the colour is great but it is awfully expensive and I can never see how much I've used up. I could be doing my eyebrows and run out this after doing one eyebrow which would be embarrassing. This pencil also snaps easily which could be me as it use to happen in school with those rotating pencils. Another empty is their Pro Longwear Concealer, I've had this ages and the pump is broken so that's why it looks like there is so much product left. There probably is but I can't get to it as it's all caked to the side, I think it has dried up by now. I like this concealer as it has nice coverage, great for covering blemishes and lasts pretty much all day. I wouldn't use this under my eyes as it is quite heavy and I don't think it would look right at all.. I've found so many cheaper alternatives since I bought this that I don't think there is a need to repurchase it anytime soon.


I've done a full review on both these eye makeup removers recently. I wasn't too keen on No7's offering but I really like Vichy's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes*. It does exactly what it says on the tin and removes every trace of my eye makeup. This even removed Benefit's They're Real mascara which I find a nightmare to get off my lashes in the evenings. I know in my review I list the prices for both of these products, I remember Vichy's eye makeup remover not being too expensive aswell. I'd just love if it came in a bigger bottle.

Here are three random empties that didn't really fit in anywhere else. I got this mini Kiehl's Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser in a goodie bag at a instore event when I purchased their whipped body butter. I didn't notice anything too amazing when I was using this but it smells gorgeous and it apparently contains humectants that traps the moisture in your skin. I don't know if I'd repurchase this again it remains to be seen. I can't take full credit for finishing this whopper bottle of Soap & Glory Clean On Me, I left it in my shower and the whole family has been using it. I got it in a gift set last Christmas so it has taken ages to use up the whole thing. This shower gel has that gorgeous scent that you'd recognise with most Soap & Glory goodies. I would buy this again but maybe not this humongous bottle. Before I forget has anyone seen all the Christmas gift sets already in Boots? There's so many gorgeous Soap & Glory ones this year, I have my eye on so many especially the makeup ones. The last random empty is the Body Shop's Almond Hand & Nail Cream which I absolutely love. It smells amazing, works really well and leaves my hands feeling super soft. The only thing I dislike is the packaging, I don't if it's the pressure in the small tube but everytime I open this it goes everywhere, resulting in me losing so much of the product. I want to repurchase this again but I may try the Hand & Nail Butter in the tube and use it at night.

Have you tried any of these products? What have you finished up this month?

Laura<3

12 comments:

  1. I must be the only person who does get through that S&G shower gel quickly - I used it for baths too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Well I only have shower in my house but I could imagine alot of product would be used up in a bath xxx

      Delete
    2. Haha. I always use shower gel in baths too! :) x

      Delete
    3. I wish I had a bath in my house there's so many bath products I'd love to try xx

      Delete
  2. You got through a lot!! I am nearing the end of one of those huge Soap & Glory body washes and I am willing it to finish!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't think I went through too much this month but after looking at this post again maybe I have. Yeah I was the same felt like it lasted forever xxx

      Delete
  3. You used up quite a bit :) I have been eyeing some Vichy products and La Roche Posay ever since my skin decided to go crazy on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vichy and La Roche Posay, I'd definitely recommend both brands as alot of their products are aimed towards people with sensitive skin. I've always really like everything I've tried xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, you managed to use up so many products, I'm impressed! I always take so long to finish things! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun,oh I hardly ever finish makeup products I fly through shower and skincare stuff though for some reason xx

      Delete
  5. Ahh I swear by the Caudalie cleansing water! It is just so gentle and FANTASTIC at removing makeup :DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant isn't it?? I just got Bioderma as a gift and I dunno I may like the Caudalie cleansing water more xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3