Monday, September 24, 2012

Walking with Dinosaurs Live Show

Last weekend was pretty busy, from going hill walking up the Dublin Mountains to getting the place tidy for Mom and Dad's imminent return from Spain, it felt like I didn't have a minute. I took a small break yesterday and went along to see Walking with Dinosaurs in the O2. I know some of you may be thinking to yourselves this doesn't sound like Laura's cup of tea but I actually couldn't wait to go. I won the tickets back in May, I was walking around Dundrum minding my own business when someone approached me and asked did I want to take part in a quiz. At first I answered with the usual I don't know, but I thought it would be fun and took part. I was on the radio for about ten/fifteen minutes in their studio so it was certainly a experience. I did pretty well in the quiz and walked away with some pretty cool prizes which included the tickets to see Walking with Dinosaurs. Now that I got the background story of how I came to be going to the show out of the way, I'll tell you what it was like. I decided to bring my boyfriend with me on the day as he loves anything to do with space and dinosaurs so I knew he'd enjoy it. We went to the matinee show which was of course filled with kids, this didn't bother us in the slightest. What came to follow was a superb show, clearly one that had an amazing team and big budget behind it. I was expecting like a 3D screen image of dinosaurs but no they were life size which looked seriously incredible. Of course some of the smaller dinosaurs were people dressed up but seriously the costumes were so brilliant you wouldn't even notice. I honestly only noticed when my boyfriend pointed it out to me and ruined the buzz (just kidding Paddy). There wasn't only dinosaurs to look at, there was alot of facts thrown in throughout by the charming paleontologist who had the audience hooked on his every word. Pretty hard to do when your audience is made up of mostly five/six year olds.

All in all, I really enjoyed this show and it's definitely something I'd bring my nephew Ryan to if he was that little bit older. I think the O2 was a great venue to have it in as the atmosphere is always great. As you can see from the pictures above the dinosaurs do look really life like, I felt like I was in Jurassic Park. I also sneaked in pictures from my hike up the Dublin Mountains at the end of this post, seriously there's no place like home look at that view.

Laura<3

2 comments:

  1. Ha we went to this too my boyfriend surprised me with tix cause I love dinos, it was brill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?? I enjoyed it way more than I thought I was going to xx

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3