Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October Favourites

We are only six days into November and Christmas seems to be the word on everyones lips. Walking into work on Thursday I was surprised to see Christmas trees everywhere a day after Halloween ended. I love pretty decorations so I don't really mind, I already have my eye on a few in work. I also love when brands bring out their Winter collections, is it just me or are they all so pretty this year? I have a few bits and pieces I already want to get my hands on. I feel sorry for my bank card in advance, a little shopping trip could be on the cards. Imagine the next time I do a favourites video Christmas Day will be but a few weeks away, I'm so excited!! Something I'm not too excited about is Christmas shopping I have no idea what to buy anyone yet. During October I've accumulated up a number of favourites which I'm genuinely surprised. I keep the products I've been liking during the month in a large makeup bag, being busy with college all this month I wasn't expecting it to be full. I have so much products to show you guys that I had to take two seperate pictures, they just wouldn't fit into one.

For makeup, I have three products making the cut this month. I love Korres lip butters and I've been using the shade Plum alot lately. I'm not over my fear of bold lip colours yet so this is perfect for me. It's such a nice shade and with it being Winter, the shade fits in nicely with any makeup look. I've been using the Rimmel Scandaleyes eye liner in Black pretty much everyday throughout October. I bought a couple of different shades when they first launched in stores but this is definitely the one I reach for the most. I never use eyeliner pencils so I was really surprised I liked this to begin with. In the past whenever I applied eyeliner to my waterline my eyes water like crazy, there just super sensitive I guess. I just find this eyeliner is super soft so it doesn't irritate my eyes at all when I apply it. I really like the look you achieve with a little black eyeliner on the waterline so I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out. When it first came on the scene here in Ireland, I wasn't a 100% keen on the Vice Palette. I'm so glad I caved and bought it in the end though as I've been using it alot this month. If you didn't already know I dressed up as a Cat for Halloween, so I used a couple of the neutral shades and the black shadow to create the look I wanted to go for. I wish I had pictures to show you guys but unfortunately I don't. I know there's a few bright shades in this palette that you may think you'll never wear but I think there good to have as you never know when they may come in handy. I'm glad I bought this palette in the end and I may do some posts featuring some looks I'm come up with using it. My Mom got me Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia in Duty-Free before she went on holidays back in September. I love this perfume, I'm terrible at describing fragrances but it basically has a really light pear scent which I can't get enough of. I've been using this literally everyday even though I really want to keep it up for special occasions it's just so nice. This is my second Jo Malone perfume and it sure won't be my last. I already have my eye on one of their Christmas sets, they look unbelieveable. All year round I love burning candles, one of my recent purchases was Red Velvet. Like the cupcake, this has a gorgeous sweet scent and it sticks around the room for ages. I would repurchase this again, only my Mom (who's the best) bought me Christmas Cookie (my favourite festive scent!). Currently on repeat on my Ipod is RED the latest album from the amazing Taylor Swift. If you haven't heard her new stuff I suggest you do, it's great. I like how she's always experimenting with her sound to reach a broader audience which you can certainly tell from her new album. I couldn't choose just one song I like from RED but Treacherous, Starlight and 22 are definitely standouts for me.

The second part of my favourites contains mostly haircare and a few other bits that I've been loving this month. Ever since Zoe featured the Tigi Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner in her Ombre Haircare Routine, I knew I wanted to try it. Firstly this stuff is very expensive, when I heard the price (€44) I was kinda unsure if I wanted it to splurge on it. My hair is probably delighted I did as it has never looked so good. Gone is the frizzy mess I once called my hair and in it's place is smooth glossy hair (Thanks Zoe!!!). I got so many lovely comments on my hair lately in work which hardly ever happens so I put it all down to using these two products. I literally wash my hair with these, quickly dry it with a hairdryer and if I'm in the mood I'll straighten it. The good thing I've found about this duo is that I find that I won't have to straighten my hair again until the next wash, it just stays nice and smooth. I'm going to do a full review post on this amazing duo in the next few weeks so I'm not going to talk to much about them.  When I'm in one of those moods were I don't want to straighten my hair I've been using the TreSemme Texture Style Divine Definition Spray . This does exactly what it says on the tin and gives my hair the Wow factor by adding a bit of body and texture to my hair. I've had quite the busy month in October with work and college so I like nothing more than to come home and chill. I've had Liz Earle's Foot Spritzer for a long time now and I always dig it out when I've been having one of those days. I know I hate talking about feet but this stuff is great. Not only does it smell amazing (very minty), but when you spray it on your feet it cools them down instantly leaving them nice and refreshed. My Mom is also a very big fan of this stuff so it's certainly worth trying out for yourself. My last favourite for October is The Body Shop's Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub. I bought this and the body butter in the same scent when The Body Shop had their 2 for €30 deal on. There's no point in me rambling on about how good their scrub is as I've talked about them in past posts. This one is no different, it's a light creamy scrub that contains small granules that exfoliate the skin very well. The key thing that won me over is the scent, I love peaches so this was definitely a match made in heaven. I really enjoy using the body butter too, but I've getting more use out of this over the last month or so.

What have made it into your favourites for the month of October? Any products recommendations?

Laura<3

17 comments:

  1. Love the look of that Yankee candle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, it smells amazing xxx

      Delete
  2. Great faves! I love my Vice Palette too! And now I really want to find that Tresseme Texture Style Spray. Sounds awesome!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you can create so many great eye looks with it:) Oh if you find it you should definitely invest in a can the stuff is brilliant xx

      Delete
  3. Great favourites! How amazing is the TS album?! It's constantly playing in my car and love the track 22 :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlee!! OH MY GOD I love it! Definitely her best album yet, I always listen to it walking to work, 22 is one of my favourite songs too. I hope she goes on tour again soon xx

      Delete
  4. You've not helped my lust for the UD Vice palette! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry hun! It is such a lovely palette though and you can create so many looks with it xx

      Delete
  5. RED! Favourite album at the moment i love taylor so much <3

    & I've got my yankee candle on right now, yankee candle and red are definitely my october faves too!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! I hope she tours over here again soon!! Its definitely my favourite album of hers. Oh I can't get enough of Yankee candles either they all smell amazing xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVE zoella I've wanted to try the S Factor stuff since she mentioned it too!! I think I'll just have to try it now! Caudalie Beauty Elixir is probably my favorite product of the month but I have so many favorites eek! I might start doing favorite posts they seem so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should start doing favourites I'd definitely read them:) I know I bought this after she mentioned how amazing it was in her video and I'm so glad I did the stuff is amazing xx

      Delete
  7. That body butter is definitely a favourite, it smells AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I love anything that smells like peaches such a gorgeous scent xx

      Delete
  8. i still need to try the korres lip butters! im very late to the blogging party in trying them out! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3