Thursday, February 16, 2017

The Lo Down - My 27th Birthday

Hey Guys and Dolls,

This week I turned the grand old age of 27. I'm starting to feel old I have to say. In a sort of good way though I have a lot more wisdom and maturity.
Last Friday I went out for dinner to celebrate with the people that mean the most to me my family and my boyfriend. Unfortunately my Sister couldn't make it but I'm sure I'm going to meet up with her and my nephew really soon. We went to a Thai restaurant in Ballinteer called The Blue Orchid and it was beyond yummy. The food was unreal, I got a shared starter with my boyfriend Daragh and for my main course I had chicken and cashew nuts in a birds nest. This is my absolute fave it's so tasty and it was so filling we were all stuffed by the time we were finished.

Daragh and I stuck around after and went to my local pub The Coach House for a few drinks. Gin and tonic for me and a pint of Heinekeen for himself if you were wondering. I like this pub as the atmosphere is always good and the staff are lovely. We all had such a nice evening and it was lovely to have a sit down meal with everyone. That doesn't happen enough in my opinion so it's nice when birthdays come along as we always do something nice to celebrate.

On my actual birthday which was yesterday (Wednesday), I had a skincare event in town in the morning and in the evening I went out for food with my Mom. We went to Chopped which is my favourite salad bar. If you haven't been before I'd suggest trying the Celtic Harvest it's so tasty. I never feel guilty eating here as it's really good for you aswell. Afterwards we went shopping in Dundrum Town Centre which was nice, I picked up a few bit and bobs whilst there.

On Tuesday the day before my birthday I went shopping with my Sister which I haven't done in ages as we've been both so busy lately. She came up to my house with my nephew so we escaped for a while to do our own thing. It was nice to have a catch up cause we hadn't actually spoken in weeks. She's actually coming to a fitness event with me in March so we're both very excited for that. Sure it will be something different.

I also received some lovely thoughtful gifts on the day which I will feature in a post towards the end of the week.

All in all I had a lovely birthday week surrounded by the people I love and care about the most, I had a blast. I was worried about turning 27 recently but I needn't have been as it's not too bad I have to say. I'm looking forward to seeing what my 27th year has in store for me.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3