Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Lo Down - My New Weightloss Journey

Hey Guys and Dolls,

As I'm sure most of you already know I properly started my weightloss journey last week. I've been eating healthy for the last month or so but I eventually borrowed my brothers scales so I'm finally able to track my progress for you lot. The last week hasn't been too difficult at all to be honest I was expecting it to be a little harder but I still ate the foods that I enjoy eating but I did make a couple of changes to my diet. I am so happy with my first weigh in you guys, I made a little video below that you can watch and see how much I lost this week. MAKE SURE TO PRESS PLAY!

I firstly drank a tonne of water this week I always had a bottle beside me whatever I was doing. I am partial to the odd Pepsi Max (I even did my advertising college assignment on it) I usually drink alot  but I cut it down a bit this week. I'm not sure if I could cut it out entirely. I cut out cheese because I tend to eat a bit too much, I love mixing it in with my omelette in the morning it tastes unreal. I haven't missed this that much though to be far. I did on some days have two meals a day cause I either found myself not being hungry or I had healthy snacks that made me full throughout the day. I am actually going to do a post on my favourite health snacks very soon so be sure to stay tuned in for that. I have been writing down all my food intake this week which I have found pretty helpful since I started my weighloss journey last month. I just like writing things down its a good way to stay on track and focused on what your doing.

Something I added into my fitness routine besides walking and the odd bit of jogging is swimming. I'm going to do a post solely on swimming very soon so I'll keep this short and sweet. I swim with my Nanna and Aunty twice a week and I've been really enjoying it so far. It's a Aqua Aerobics class and it's like a workout in itself so I've been so tired after classes and my legs have been totally exhausted. You do feel absolutely amazing after a session though.
I have such an amazing group of friends I put my weightloss up on Facebook on Thursday evening and they all have been nothing but supportive with their lovely comments. I beyond appreciate it there a seriously great bunch and I wouldn't change them for the world. Little did I know I was going to love another 3 pound by Saturday, my official weighin day.

I like to call this more of a lifestyle change to a diet to be honest like I'm not going to deprive myself of stuff. It's my birthday on the 15th of February and I'm heading out next Friday for dinner and drinks with my family and boyfriend so I'm obviously without a shadow of a doubt going to treat myself that night. Sure I'm only 27 once but I am probably going to stick to gin and tonics. I really like them though it's definitely my drink of choice just wish it wasn't so pricey! It's almost better value to go for the double sometimes in my opinion.

Hope you enjoyed this post and the new format I chose including the video. I'll be back next week with the next segment in my weightloss journey.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3