Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Lo Down - My Valentine's Day Makeup Look

Hey Guys and Dolls,

I like Valentine's Day every year as it means my birthday is coming up tomorrow. I know the excitement of it all, I'm going to be the big 27 this year. I don't know how I feel about that yet but I feel happy and positive all the same. I didn't get to see Daragh today cause he's been working but I've been talking to him and he's having a chilled out day since he finished work so I'm glad. We're going to do something fun this weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day and my birthday so I can't wait for that.
So today's post is going to be my Valentine's Day makeup look which I'm pretty excited to show you guys. It's a smokey eye using some of my favourite MAC eyeshadows and my new favourite foundation & concealer duo from Loreal. This look was so easy to create and would be amazing for any occasion not just Valentine's Day.
This is how I got the look. First off I prepped my skin with my favourite moisturiser, Moisturiser Lite from Nimue Skincare. Next I applied Loreal True Match foundation all over my face along with the matching concealer in places where I needed that extra bit of coverage and I use the shade Vanilla, it's the perfect match. I applied both these products using the Louise Young Super Foundation brush, I've had this in my brush collection for ages and I recently discovered it and have been using it ever since. It's a old gem of mine. I used Coppering, a shimmery copper shade all over the lid with Sketch and Texture in the crease. I think this creates a beautiful subtle smokey eye which I love alot. Lastly I applied Max Factor's Fusion mascara, this is my favourite mascara from the brand I use it so much. It really opens my eyes and give the best volume imaginable. Of course I love the packaging as it's my favourite colour in the world, Purple. Lastly I applied some lipstick and today I used Charlotte Tilbury's The Queen Matte Revolution lipstick. This is a recently released Limited Edition shade and it's beautiful. I'm not big into reds but this looks so pretty on and applies like a dream. I've been using it quite a bit lately and I really like it.

That's my Valentine's Day Makeup Look as you can see it was quick and easy. I'll definitely do more posts like this soon as I find them so much fun to do so certainly keep an eye out.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3