Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Lo Down - How I met my Boyfriend!

Hey Guys and Dolls,

As you all know I have an amazing boyfriend named Daragh, he's like my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without him most of the time. I don't think I ever told you guys how we met so I thought I'd do a post to tell you all. So let's go back to the beginning.
In 2014 my ex boyfriend and I decided to call it quits on our 6 year relationship. Lots was going on and we both thought it was for the best. I think you all know by now I didn't have the best of times after this as you have probably seen documented on my blog already. Let's just say I felt very alone for a while. Of course I had my friends but I missed having a boyfriend, I guess I'm a relationship kind of gal.

I was single for 2 years after that. I did go on a odd date here and there, that's exactly what they were odd! I met the guys on Tinder which is an app if  I'm completely honest I wasn't too keen on to start with considering some of the messages I got and I bet you can guess what they said. So yeah Tinder definitely wasn't my favourite app in the world, don't get me wrong I did meet some nice guys here and there but nobody I would have wanted to get in a relationship with to be fair.

In February last year I started talking to Daragh. I started the conversation and we got talking. I instantly realised how different he was to the other guys I had been talking to previously. We just clicked and spent alot of time talking to each other. We had some stuff in common which was nice aswell. Both of us have a keen interest in football and love travelling. 

Unfortunately Daragh and I didn't meet up that soon after we started talking so after a while I started seeing someone else. Out of the blue one day I got a call from a number I didn't recognise and it was Daragh of all people. I'm not going to lie I was completely surprised. We chatted for a while but of course I had to tell him I was seeing somebody and I could hear the disappointment in his voice. So we said our goodbyes and that was that for a while that is. A couple of weeks later my relationship finished before it really got started if I can say that. I saw it coming and to be honest that particular relationship wasn't really for me at that time.

Daragh and I started talking again soon after and he asked me out on a date. I was really excited as we both had started talking to each other in February and it was now June so I was surprised he even remember me but he did. We decided to meet up and go to The Living Room which is a bar in the City Centre in Dublin. I'm not going to lie I was pretty nervous and I think Daragh was aswell. I was after coming from a makeup course that evening so I had the brightest pink eyeshadow on so I don't think that helped the nerves either.

We met up at the spire and had a couple of drinks in The Living Room. It was such a good night and both of us enjoyed as we were talking to each other for so long previous to meeting up it was like we already knew each other in a way. Daragh walked me to my bus stop and ran for his train but before he went he said he'd love to bring me out again and I said I'd love to.

Our second date was going to a Dublin Gaelic game. Yes Daragh is a bit GAA mad he loves going to the games in Croke Park. I'd never been before but I really enjoyed myself and the atmosphere was amazing. I'd watched Gaelic on the telly before so I knew the rules and how the game itself was played. Dublin won so we were both happy and we went for a few drinks afterwards.

After our fourth date which was watching the Euro 2016 matches, Daragh asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said Yes. Over the last few dates he had made me so happy. We can actually talk for Ireland so when we're together we talk and when I go home we have like hour long phone calls I seriously don't know how we keep the conversation going sometimes.

Fast forward 10 months and Daragh & I are still going out and extremely happy together. We have started to plan stuff for the Summer so I can't wait for a bit of an adventure. We also booked our tickets to see Damien Dempsey in the Iveagh Gardens in July so that's definitely something to lookm forward to.

So yeah my boyfriend and I met on Tinder so it definitely can work for some people. You just have to find your prince surrounded by frogs in my opinion. There can be some odd ones on that app so again just stay safe. I'm so happy I met Daragh and I really hope we go out for a long time to come.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3