Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Lo Down - My Experience in a Mental Health Hospital

Hey Guys and Dolls,

Some of you may know I spent some time in a mental hospital in 2014. I was at the lowest point in my life after losing a loved one and coming out of a six year relationship, things were hard so I couldn't deal with day to day life anymore.
Life in a mental hospital was different to anything I'd ever experienced before it was a controlled environment with 24 hour supervision so it was definitely almost too much to handle at the start. All your belonging were checked too make sure there was nothing to jeopardise your safety. After a couple of weeks I got used to the routine of going to therapy and classes so I was doing good. I enjoyed the classes and they helped alot.

I was admitted to hospital twice in a two year period for things I don't want to go into so i won't go into it. I think my stay there really helped me alot though I made amazing friends that are going to be my friends for life. If anyone is reading this who may be in the same situation as me then may not want to go into hospital, I know I didn't but once you settle in it seriously is fine and one of the best decisions I made in my life though it was extremely difficuly. 

As there are pretty strict visiting times I missed my family and friends alot. I still have my bad days where I get anxiety and feel depressed but I know with the support I have around me i'll get through whatever curveball life throws at me. I don't know what I'd do without those two people in the picture above, my wonderful parents they mean the world to me and are always there for me no matter what.

I hope this post helps any of you that are going through a hard time just remember someone is always there for you.

Laura<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3