Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Lo Down - La La Land Review

Hey Guys and Dolls,

Last night I came home from Daragh's house and my parents had picked me up La La Land on dvd, I was beyond excited. I grew up looking at lots of musicals like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and Westside Story to name a few so I love them. Of course I couldn't wait to watch La La Land so I watched it on my laptop last night and it was amazing.
I love the pairing of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, it's hard to believe that they've already been in 3 movies together and I love them all especially Crazy Stupid Love. It's a classic! Back to La La Land though I was expecting really good things as it got so many awards and it definitely delivered that's for sure. I can see why it was so popular when it came out.

If you like musicals you'll love this, it's just that with a modern twist. It's about a man and a woman in Hollywood who both have big dreams, Gosling is a musician who wants to open his own Jazz bar and Stone is a aspiring actress, this movie is about their story and their relationship.

I can't talk about this movie without talking about the soundtrack, it's excellent and I think it definitely makes the movie. I love the opening song and City of Stars, they are definitely my favourite. La La Land came out last week so if you are having a quiet weekend I'd recommend picking it up you won't regret the purchase that's for sure.

Laura<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments!!! I enjoy reading them:D

I always try to reply to them so check back soon!

If you have any questions regarding any aspect of my blog e.g if you want to see any particular post etc., don't hesitate to email me on laura-a-mc-k@hotmail.com <3